Wednesday, August 19, 2009

They Got It Right

Anyone who has seen me knows I am not petite. This presents some problems in daily life, but one of the tough ones is getting an MRI. I am having trouble with a pinched nerve and need my cervical spine "magnetized." I found a place that may have a machine that can handle my weight and my girth. I notified my doctor and he faxed them over an order for the procedure.

They called me to make an appointment yesterday. There were a couple of questions; name, birth date and doctor so she could find the order.

"Ah, here it is," she said. "But they have you down as female."

"I am female," I replied politely. "Is there something there that would indicate otherwise?"

"No," she said and we proceeded to make the appointment.

It's true, I still need a lot of voice work. But the good news is, at least my doctor knows a girl when he sees one!

Take Care,
Billie

1 comment: